Thursday, March 27, 2008

Opening Days are here again....

For many New England states, opening days are right around the corner. This means that it is time to dust off those reels, rig some poles, grab some live bait or flies, and hit a lake or river.

I recently ran across a nice fishing calendar from New York State. These are the kinds of calendars that you can keep and refer back to when you're not sure where to go or what to hit each weekend. I used to be a bit more diligent than I am now and mark goals and trips in my calendar. I have recently had some synchronizing problems, what with a blackberry, a google calendar, outlook, and then my home calendar.

Point is - organizing some time to fish this year. There are lots of events for kids (i.e., the Simsbury Take a Kid fishing day, the Take Me Fishing program, and even the state run No Child Left Behind program).

Fishing is family-oriented, fun, and easy! Some places even offer clinics - take a look around!

No comments: