Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Just for the Halibut

I received an email from a regular reader asking me for some fish recipes for the holidays. So, for the halibut, I am making a mid-week post. Hanukkah is already underway and Christmas is fast approaching. Enjoy these offerings from nos amis - les poissons!

Epicurious offers a great recipe for
Roasted Halibut with Walnut Crust
. I've done this with pecans or pistachios, so if you're a nut like me, try something different.

Nigella continues to offer some of the finest fish recipes I've ever known. She has a cold fish salad recipe that is to die for, not to mention a fantastic salmon mousse. The following recipe is simple, flavorful, and actually, delicious! Linguine, Shrimp, and Halibut

The most basic, tasty Halibut recipe I've ever come across (and kept and used repeatedly) is the Lemon and Herb Crusted Halibut from Food Network. This recipe is so easy to follow and the dish is amazingly flavorful.

Now I've recently been on this Asian - kick with my cooking. Ginger, soy, wasabi, and peanut sauce. It's amazing what you can do with ginger and soy sauce. And rice vinegar works wonders!

Sea Bass, which is my absolute favorite fish to catch and eat, offers many methods of cooking. One of my personal favorites is to clean and stuff the entire fish with a crabmeat dressing - but only in Maine! The following recipe is for Ginger Sea Bass over Wilted Greens. This recipe is healthy and easy to make. Give it a try!

And don't forget about my own trusty recipe: Chilean Sea Bass with Garlic Caper Aioli over Spaghetti Squash.

Now I am not a lover of salmon. I like smoked salmon on a bagel with lots of capers and red onion, but I don't fancy a hunk of salmon with rice and veg. I don't know why and I really can't explain it. But having cooked fish on wooden planks before, this is a delicious recipe and the mustard mashed potatoes are out of this world!

Cedar Planked Salmon with Maple Glaze and Mustard Mashed Potatoes

Thanks, Epicurious, Nigella, and Food Network!

No comments: