Thursday, May 7, 2009

Come to think of it, I'll have the Halibut

It's fishing season and although I don't expect to find any Atlantic Halibut roaming around the inlets of Long Island Sound (that I can potentially catch), I hope to place a nice fillet on my grill once or twice!

In this month's issue of Cooking Light, there is an excellent recipe for Grilled Halibut with Mango Salsa. My glands watered as I perused the article on my couch at home. I mean, take a look at the colorful salsa that accompanies this fish! Since Halibut is sweet on its own, the combination of fresh ingredients in this salsa will undoubtedly bring out the sweetness of the fish. I also found some other great Halibut recipes in Cooking Light.

Halibut is a wonderful fish for grilling. Since it is relatively dense (like Cod), it is less likely to fall apart or flake on the grill. I love a cold, crisp Pinot Grigio with this dish (like Ecco Domani). It is a great dish to serve friends or even moms...for Mother's Day!

No comments: