Saturday, October 31, 2009

I've Got the "Blues"

No, I am not sad. I just caught 16 (yes, sixteen) bluefish today out of a shared skiff with my pal from BJ's in Milford Harbor. This afternoon into and past dusk.

I cannot begin to emphasize how nice it is to spend time with someone in a boat who doesn't require much in terms of conversation. It seems to me that my life has been requiring a lot more of that lately - talking. I enjoy talking, albeit to the people with whom I enjoy conversing, but when given the opportunity for some solitude, I'll take that for a while.

Upon catching each of these fish, I felt the same rush of excited adrenaline. The excitement of doing something completely fun with a friend - like rushing around a city to catch a show or the excitement of sledding. It is amazing, each time, to have that same feeling. That tug, pull, and then ultimately, returning the fish to the sea.

I find that I am somewhat contemplative today. I had a lovely opportunity to spend a good part of the day doing something that I truly enjoy. But there are other areas of my life that I think about - my work, my family, my love of ...oh, I can't say everything on a blog. I just sense that the universe has something great in store for me.

We'll see how long these "blues" last. Word is that they last as long as you feed them.

No comments: