Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The River Wild

Earlier this evening, I was walking from the Beacon Falls train station after work. As I crossed the Beacon Falls bridge over the Naugatuck River, I realized the level of water in the river. I originally had hopes of spending the evening trying my hand at fly fishing (in other words, practicing my roll cast a la Mark).

I heard some splashing in the river as I crossed over it. Out of the corner of my eye, I caught something yellow. It was a bunch of kayakers, taking advantage of the overflowing water level which is amazingly high, especially for this time of year.

The water levels are really high. I was reading an article on stripers and the Housatonic River. It is arguable that the high water levels will make striper fishing more plentiful. When the levels calm down, I am planning on checking it out in Stratford or Milford. Are you?

No comments: