Sunday, September 16, 2007

Fish 'n Chips off the old block

Fishing with children is so exciting! On Saturday, my brother and his wife hosted all of the children (Tanner, Ryder, Callahan, Samantha, Sydney), my parents, and my sister and me at her father's pond/lake in Avon (Lovely Street). Baiting hooks, setting up lines and bobbers, and removing fish from hooks quickly became my vocation for the day.

The smallest, tiniest bass created squeals louder than squealing wheels at NASCAR. These kids were so excited to catch these fish! The weather cooperated, opening up a nice sunny afternoon with a cool breeze. Syd took Tanner in the boat with a trolling motor. It was a blast!

Gives new meaning to the idea of taking a kid fishing. Inspires me to start a program for underprivileged youth. More on this later....

No comments: